The Copper Coast Sport and Leisure Centre Swimming and Water Safety Program
Our Learn to Swim Program caters for infants from 6 months of age through to adults looking for stroke correction. Our qualified instructors work to increase the swimming and water safety skills of all Australian children in order to prevent drowning and increase participation in safe aquatic activities.
Our Learn to swim program seeks to build swimming skills, but most importantly it ensures that the essential components of personal survival and water safety are provided, in addition to a process of developing strong and effective swimming, leading to a lifetime of fun and safety in the water.
We use the Optus Splash App-
Optus Splash will share with you and your child:
- all the details of the swimming journey that your child will experience at CCSLC
- the swimming skills and milestones that your child is striving to achieve each lesson, with notifications and awards for when they achieve them
- digital awards for effort, teamwork, perseverance and importantly having fun. Some awards are from swimming heroes Cam McEvoy, Emma McKeon, Mack Horton and Ellie Cole!
- details on what the next steps are in your child’s progression through Learn to Swim
- the ability to communicate 1:1 with your Learn to Swim centre via the Optus Splash messenger function
Private swim lessons are also available upon request.
Our swim lessons run for 48 weeks a year to ensure quick progression for your child.
The Learn to Swim program includes:
- an ongoing program with updates through the Splash App.
- easy payment options
- enroll and start lessons anytime throughout the year
- ongoing individual assessment of your child's progress
- smaller ratios in some levels
- level certificates
- minimum of 30 days notice to cancel
- lessons can be suspended at a small cost if unable to attend